We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Tuesdays with Morrie

As I said yesterday, today I am starting with Tuesdays with Morrie. A brilliant book, which aside from giving great insight, is a truly fast read.

I shall have various sections in my blogging on Tuesdays with Morrie. These will be:

  • Who was Morrie?

  • About the Author - Mitch Albom

  • Tuesdays with Morrie

It's been a while since I read anything that made me ponder on death and the way that I am living my life and whether I am doing what I truly want to do, or am I simply doing what it is that I am supposed to do. It is true what a great quote says, it goes something like this 'in order to get the true value of life you need to start with death'.

When you evaluate your life from the vantage point of death, you realise how pointless some things are and how you are wasting your time with silly things instead of focussing on the really important stuff. But then I suppose that is the pitfall of human existance, we don't see what is really important until it is too late.

Let's get to know Morrie the inspiration and content giver of Tuesday's with Morrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.