We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Saturday, 15 May 2010

Oprah's books

I was at a Country Market earlier today and picked up quite a few bargains; including 2 Greek pots, an Egyptian necklace and some books. The book which inspired this blog post is The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton. The Book of Ruth is one of the first books to be featured in Oprah's Book Club, which over the years has only grown in strength.


Oprah has introduced us to so many books over the years and for that she has to be thanked, she helped make reading popular again. I have already read a few of the books on Oprah's list, and have purchased some of those which I have yet to read. Oprah's list has such wonderful books on it, that it is a great starting point if you are uncertain what to read.


So far from Oprah's list I have read:

  • Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
  • Night - Elie Wiesel
  • White Oleander - Janet Fitch
  • The Reader - Bernhard Schlink
I cannot wait to hear what Oprah will select next!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.