We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Sunday, 16 May 2010

Reading Jane Austen

After watching The Jane Austen Book Club for the thousandth time, I started to feel guilty about having read The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler and not having read anything by Jane Austen yet. I then had the dilemma of deciding in which order to read Ms Austen's books. Should I read them chronologically? Should I read them in order of publication?


I still have not figured out which is the best order in which to read Jane Austen, so thought that I should go about it in the manner in which they did in The Jane Austen Book Club. This means that the order in which I'll be reading will be:
  1. Emma
  2. Mansfield Park
  3. Northanger Abbey
  4. Pride and Prejudice
  5. Sense and Sensibility
  6. Persuasion
Leaving Lady Susan, The Watsons and Sanditon for last. I look forward to writing about Jane Austen's books and hopefully I'll start doing that towards the end of this month or early next month.

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." JANE AUSTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.