We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Atonement

Atonement by Ian McEwan is one of the greatest books that I have ever read. Written in 3 parts, it tells the story of misconception, and how the perception of a situation from afar is vastly different from the experienc of the situation.


The story is Briony's attempt to Atone for her big faux pas when she accused Robbie of raping her cousin. Of course on the pages of the book she fixes things, and makes them into what they could have been had she fixed the mistake she made when she made it.


Atonement changed the way I look at things, and made me realise how dangerous misconceptions and assumptions can be. If I did ratings, I would give it 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.