We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 21 July 2010

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

I still have to read this book, but for the sake of Paris in July, I’ll still talk about it as I frequently watched the animated movie after it came out in 1997. Everyone knows the story of The Hunchback of Notre Dame – Quasimodo the Hunchback who rings the bells of Notre Dame every day who helps to offer sanctuary to Esmeralda the Gypsy who has to flee. Quasimodo who is nothing but kind to Esmeralda is rejected by her for a good looking fellow. I hated Esmeralda when I watched this movie as I just could not understand how she could be so mean to someone who was so good to her. But maybe I’ll feel different when I watch it again? Or maybe reading the book will change my perspective. Or maybe I’ll still be the same principled person I was then or will I be the Bohemian that Moulin Rouge sculpted?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.