We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Friday, 2 July 2010

Madeline


If I have to be honest, my first encounter with anything French would be in the form of Madeline, not the book at first, but the tv show. I just loved the cartoon, with Madeline and Miss Clavel and their adventures around Paris. But then again, I have always been a bit obsessed with French things after doing a project on France in the third grade.

And every time I would hear the lines
In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines,
lived twelve little girls in two straight lines
They left the house at half past nine...
The smallest one was Madeline.



I would get so excited because I just loved this story!!!! And then one day at the school library I found a Madeline book, and well I was truly hooked!!! So I think that this is the best way that I could start posting on Paris in July. Don't you think so?
So if this post has reminded you of the classic book Madeline and you would like to read more about Madeline and the creator of this wonderful character go here and rediscover the wonderful world of Madeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.