We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Sunday, 18 July 2010

Reader’s block, who’d have thought?

For the longest time I have been busy reading the same books – I just wasn’t getting anywhere, so I decided that I would just cast those books aside and start something new and at a later stage come back to these books, because they truly are great, but I’m just not giving them the justice that they deserve because I’m dragging. So the books that I am putting on the back burner for the time being are The Vampire Diaries, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Life of Pi and The Divine Comedy. I’ll be continuing with Jane Austen’s Emma as I have been reading it in short sections so that I can absorb everything that Austen is saying. On Friday I started reading One Hundred Years of Solitude, which is great because one of the features of next month’s posts will be magical realism and One Hundred Years of Solitude is one of the most famous examples of Magical Realism.


I realise now that I was rather ambitious with the books that I planned to read for Paris in July, as I have not even started reading The Hunchback of Notre Dame and am not very far in reading Trouble in my Head. So here’s hoping that my reading for the rest of the month will be going a lot better especially since I am bed bound with bronchitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.