We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 28 July 2010

Snacking whilst reading...

As I mentioned in an earlier Paris in July themed post – after reading Chocolat I found myself liking to snack whilst I read. I’ve noticed that I tend to favour chocolaty snacks so I thought I would share my recipe for chocolate chip cookies, which happen to be one of my favourite snack foods!

So here goes...

  • 125g margarine – softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 ¾ cups of flour
  • 1 ½ teaspoons instant coffee – slightly crushed
  • 125g chocolate chips

i. Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy
ii. Beat in the egg and vanilla essence
iii. Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture
iv. Stir in the chocolate chips
v. Roll little balls and put them on a buttered baking tray press the little balls of dough slightly
vi. Bake at 180°C for 8-10 minutes or for 10-12 minutes if you prefer a more crisp cookie

Bon Appétit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.