We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Sunday, 12 December 2010

100 Books for the year - My Progress

So for this year I undertook a personal challenge which was to read 100 books. This is not a very great amount in the book blogging community, but it is something I thought I could manage. I am presently at the 80 book mark, and with 20 books to go before the end of the year I have decided to change the book genre to something a bit more simple. Childrens literature.

I chose this genre because Children's Literature is something that one can go through very quickly, but it is not something to be smirked at, as the quote says, all good childrens' books appeal to the adult in the child and the child in the adult. So this will also be my way of getting back into those books that I started out with as an avid reader. I will be reading the Roald Dahl books that I never got round to in September, as well as The Chronicles of Narnia and something I have been meaning to read for quite a while - The Lemony Snicket's Series. I watched the movie and was very pleased to see that it is a series of 13 books!

So you can look forward to some posts on children's books. So far I have read the first two Narnia books, and the first book in the Lemony Snicket's Series.

I will be in Port Elizabeth tomorrow, so I hope that I can get some new books. I love shopping for books!!! I am definitely going to CNA, so I hope I can get round to Bargain Books as well. Will let you know what new book loot I got on Tuesday. So happy Monday to everyone, and I hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.