We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

In order to make up my 100 book total for 2010, I have decided to add book series to the list of children's books which I will be reading. And since there is no time like the present, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events is one of the series that I will be reading, and then be reviewing one book a week until the series is done.

I have already read one of the 13 books in this series, but will not be reviewing it here. Rather I will be giving a bit of information about the series. The title should be familiar as in 2004 the film version was released. I thought the film was done very well as it combines elements from various books into that one movie, as opposed to having 13 different films. Though a mini series for tv could be made from it.

Lemony Snicket is the nom de plume of the American author Daniel Handler. The series follows the unfortunate life of the three Baudelaire children who become orphans after their parents perish in a fire which also burns down their house. They are then sent from relative to relative followed by misfortune because of the greedy Count Olaf who is after their fortune. I cannot say much more here as I would then be telling you too much about the first book.



Here are the books in the series:

1. The Bad Beginning
2. The Reptile Room
3. The Wide Window
4. The Miserable Mill
5. The Austere Academy
6. The Ersatz Elevator
7. The Vile Village
8. The Hostile Hospital
9. The Carnivorous Carnival
10. The Slippery Slope
11. The Grim Grotto
12. The Penultimate Peril
13. The End

So look out for my post on The Bad Beginning, which will be up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.