We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Friday, 7 January 2011

2011 Week 1: A review

So it is shocking how we are already a week into 2011. My goal to read a book a week is not going as well as I would have liked. It is always more difficult to make progress on my reading when everyone at home is on holiday. Although I must say it is nice not being alone at home with Jayden for much of the day. That will change soon as my mom goes back to school on the 17th and my sister heads off to university that same week, so lonely days will be longer. But that just means more time to read granted that Jayden is enthralled by his books.

Jayden is my nephew whom I am looking after whilst I am back at home wrapping up my studies. He is 1 and a half and already a book lover. This makes me very excited as when he is older I can share my childhood favourites with him. But this is a major digression from what I had set out to write. Despite being behind in my reading, I am halfway through the first of two books that I am reading. The first as you know from a previous post is Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman, and the second is one that I signed up for at A Literary Odyssey - Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. So look out for a post on du Maurier as well as Rebecca; the latter will be up toward the end of this month.



So this week went by terribly quickly, as weeks of holiday often do. I actually did not do much as it is just too hot to even go outside. I did get my stationary for the year though (my excitement about this just shows what a nerd I am).

Maybe it is good that this week has been rather quiet, as I believe one should ease into a new year, as opposed to being on edge and worked up right from the start. So look out for my post on Daphne du Maurier and another exciting poem on Sunday and have a wonderful weekend where I hope you all will do much reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.