We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Saturday, 15 January 2011

2011 Week 2: A Review

So week 2 of 2011 has flown by even faster than week 1, and I have managed to finish 2 books, which I am glad is more than my very conservative goal of 1 a week. The first being Rebecca, which I posted on earlier, and the second Awakened the 8th book in the House of Night Series. Rebecca I thought was marvellous, definitely a book that I will read again. I found that the narrator reminded me some what of myself, but that is not something that I will go into here... Awakened was a quick read, I must say that I am getting more and more into the House of Night Series as I go along. And I have just noticed that I have not posted on them, that is something that I must do.

So my best friend went back to Cape Town today, to sort out and agent and a manner of other things. It was nice having him home for a while. We had a fudge day on Wednesday which is something that we started in high school but have not done for a while. 3 of the 4 fudge's came out well, with the fourth being unmentionable, and the cupcakes, let me not even mention them. I suppose we are just rusty after a long break in between fudge days. And I had a dentist's appointment afterward, such an anti-climax to my day. Had lunch with Shaun the next day which was cool, like when we were at school.


I did not really do much this week as it has been terribly hot, with tomorrow being forcast as 37 degrees celcius. I just hope it will cool down and that there will be no rain on Friday as I will be going to the Cricket. This is pretty much my last week of freedom and doing when I want to whenever I want to as my sister leaves for Uni this weekend. But I am not going to stress about that yet, will rather cross that bridge when I get there.

Well that was my week, hardly thrilling, but I am counting down the days to my Cape Town trip to see U2. I so HAVE to meet BONO. I plan on reading The Catcher in the Rye and book 3 in the Chronicles of Narnia Series - The Horse and his Boy, so look out for reviews on those books. The Catcher in the Rye is for the Back to the Classics Challenge.

Happy Reading to you all out there, have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.