We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Sunday, 16 January 2011

Challenges and read-a-longs I have signed up for

For next month I have signed up for the read-a-long of Oliver Twist at A Literary Odyssey. I am very excited about this as it will be my first Dickens. I just hope that my Cape Town trip won't interfere with my reading too badly. I have also signed up for a Jane Eyre read-a-long hosted by Whitney at She is too Fond of Books. This is the schedule for Jane Eyre:

Schedule
March 4 - 18: Chapters 1 - 9
March 18 - April 1: Chapters 10 -17
April 1 - 15: Chapters 18 - 23
April 15 - 29: Chapters 24 - 29
April 29 - May 13 Chapters 30 - 36
May 13 - 27: Chapters 37 - 38 (Conclusion)


This is the reading schedule of Oliver Twist as found on A Literary Odyssey

  • Post 1 will go up on February 10th (Monday) and will cover Book 1 (roughly 180 pages-the longest section)
  • Post 2 will go up on February 19th (Wednesday) and will cover Book 2 (roughly 120 pages)
  • Post 3 will go up on February 28th (Monday) and will cover Book 3 (roughly 140 pages)
I have also decided to join the Narnia read-a- long also hosted by Whitney at She is too Fond of Books, with the schedule as follows:

February 6 - 20 : The Magician's Nephew
February 20 - March 6 : The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
March 6 - 20: The Horse and His Boy
March 20 - April 3: Prince Caspian
April 3 - 17: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
April 17 - May 1: The Silver Chair
May 1 - 15: The Last Battle

Then ofcourse there is the Back to the Classics Challenge which runs up to the end of June. So look out for reviews on some really awesome books!

3 comments:

  1. Great challenges! If I hadn't just read through Narnia, I would have signed up. Have you read the Narnia books before? If not, you are in for a big treat! They're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read the Narnia books before, I was saying to a friend not so long ago, I have always been on this time I never had someone to tell me what to read or to introduce specific books to me when the time was right. I think this is why I enjoy read-a-longs and blogs like yours so much.

    I am really enjoying the Narnia books, they are just magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for signing up for both my read-alongs; I can't wait to read what you think of Narnia. Dickens, I've read very little of his other than A Christmas Carol, if I hadn't just signed up for a Villette read-along I would be all over it.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.