We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Monday, 17 January 2011

Reading The Catcher in the Rye

The Catcher in the Rye is one of my all time favourite books, as Salinger is one of my favourite authors. So when the Back to the Classics Challenge called for a book read at highschool or university to be read, I immediately thought of The Catcher in the Rye, since I have been meaning to re-read it for a while now.




Aside from being a big Salinger fan, I am also a great fan of John Lennon, so I always find it somewhat poignant that my favourite book is the book that his assassin had on his person. But that is just one of those things. So look forward to my review of The Catcher in the Rye some time this week.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to say it but I never understood the appeal of Catcher in the Rye, I just saw it as teen angst. Although, I read this about 10 years ago in high school and outlooks are different when its required reading. As of late, I have been toying with the idea of rereading it to see if those opinions have changed. I look forward to reading your review of Salinger's book.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.