We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 26 January 2011

The wandering reader

Not all who wander are lost said Tolkien in the Lord of the Rings, and I have to agree with that, but the more I wander in my reading, the further I digress from my goals or I should rather say my target list. Last week I started with such good intentions, and planned on reading The Catcher in the Rye so that I could tick it off of my list for the Back to the Classics challenge, but then I got the Obsidian newsletter with all their new books for this month and got completely side-tracked! I got drawn in by Victoria Laurie's Ghost Hunter Mystery Series and well, let us just say that I am hooked!!!


I managed to track down 3 of the 5 available books, and well I would love to have them to add to my personal collection, so they are going onto the list of books that I wish to acquire this year. I am planning on ordering the Art of War from Leisure Books, and that will be a book to tick off the list. But again I digress, I tend to get myself lost in books, and with so many amazing books to choose from it is hardly surprising. Does it ever happen to you that you set out to read a certain book and then get distracted by a series of books?

So this week I aim to read The Catcher in the Rye, but have also given myself some leeway to read the newest book in the Bewitching Mystery Series. I am such a junkie for series, I just have to read fast as half the week is already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.