We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Thursday, 17 March 2011

As you all should have noticed I have been absent from blogging for a fair amount of time. This year is just kicking my ass as far as time management is concerned and one of the major reasons is Jayden - my nephew that I have been looking after. I really am not cut out for it; a life of sleep deprivation and trying to get enough time to do what I have to do - this is so not on. But what can I do? John Lennon was right when he said life is what happens when you're busy making other plans (I know I have said this like a million times before, but it rings as true today as it did when he first said it so many years ago).

So I just have to come up with some sort of plan to make sure that I can do what I have to do in order to stay out of the dark place. I am not yet sure how I am going to do it, but some how I will. I feel a lot less frazzled than I have the last few weeks. I went to the doctor on Monday and she ordered me to go to bed and to stay there until today at the very least. I am so grateful to her because I had no idea how sleep deprived I truly have been, and well the circles under my eyes should have been an indication. But what can I say, I push myself as we all do, and I have been pushing myself towards a meltdown, and I had a mini one on Saturday at my sister's birthday party where I burst into tears and could not stop crying for a good while. What this has taught me is that I cannot keep pushing myself or I am going to push myself back into the dark place and this time it will not be that easy to get back out again. So a lot more will have to be done by my family to support me because looking after my nephew is not supposed to be my job, he has a mother.



But enough complaining about my life - although I think it can help to shed some light on why my blog has been so stagnant - and back to bookish things. I have yet to complete Oliver Twist; it was just so sad that I could not continue with it, but I will read it and finish it soon. I have yet to open Jane Eyre and read further than the introduction, but I will get there too, I just need to pace myself. So what I have decided to do is to get back to the easier books so that I can as it were get my groove back and start reading at a better pace. But I should say that even when I do manage to get balance, I will still not be posting as frequently as I did last year because my academic work also needs a lot more time than it has been getting. So please know that if you do not see a post up here for a while that I have not abandoned blogging, but rather that it has just become too much and that I have had to scale back on some things to get everything done.

This weekend is a long weekend here in South Africa, so hopefully I can get a fair amount done. My top priority is finishing my assignment comparing Hesiod's Theogeny with the Hindu Rig Veda. I won't go into too much detail here, but I think it is worth considering starting up a classics blog where Ancient Greek and Roman Civilisations and everything that goes with them can enjoy centre stage. That ofcourse will happen when I am a master at time management, so watch this space for news on that.

If all goes well this weekend, you can look forward to 3 new posts on Quidditch through the Ages, The Stefan Diaries and Spin the Plate Donna Anastaci's short story.

Until then, have a great week and happy reading to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.