We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Thursday, 17 March 2011

Quidditch through the Ages

Having read all the Harry Potter books I was already amazed by J.K. Rowling's talent for telling a story in which so much comes from her own imagination. I did not think I could be any more impressed, but having read Quidditch through the Ages, I can truthfully say that Ms Rowling has bowled me over for a six.


I never would have been able to think about everything that she has come up with about Quidditch, I would not even be able to think up questions that would generate the wonderful accounts she has created. It is like reading an interesting book about something that is real, and that she wrote such a detailed account about a fictive sport is just amazing. I now cannot wait to track down a copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them to see what she has come up with for that.



Quidditch through the ages gives a very detailed account of where Quidditch started and how it came to be the sport that wizards play today. I am a fantasy convert now, it is just so amazing what can exist in your mind and come alive off of the pages of a book. So if you have not read it yet, go and get yourself a copy, you will thoroughly enjoy it and have a deeper enjoyment of Quidditch whether seeing it in the movies or reading it in the Harry Potter Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.