We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Books I just HAD to buy... but are still sitting on my bookshelf

My list for this Top Ten could really go on for a while, but I will just put up ten. So here they are, in no particular order:

1. The Audacity of Hope - I remember in first year my friend Sybil and I were watching Oprah and saw Barack Obama for the first time. We were really taken by him and when we heard about his two books we immediately went to the campus library to look for them. Sadly they did not have them, and when they did get them, the waiting list was longer than my arm. So when I saw it on one of my numerous trips to Bargain Books in 2009, I just had to have it. I have it but have not read it, but I suppose that is what happens when you have so many books to read, but so little time in which to read them.

2. The Measure of a Man - Another book purchase that can be attributed to watching Oprah. Her interview with Sidney Poitier was just so moving. I will read this book soon.

3. Love in the Time of Cholera - this is just one of those classics that you have to have. And well I do, so I should make a plan to read it.

4. Slumdog Millionaire - I have heard great things about this movie, so thought I have to have the book and read it before I watch the movie. Needless to say I have done neither.

5. Bringing down the House - I LOVE the movie 21 so when I saw it was based on a book, I just had to read it. Still have not read it.

6. Eat. Pray. Love. - I heard great things about this book and of course it was on Oprah, so you know what happened...

7. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - when I heard about this Eclipse novella I was so antsy to get it that I pre-ordered it, seems so silly in hindsight.

8. The Kite Runner - I had heard about this book from a friend so when I saw it I just had to buy it.

9. The Pillars of the Earth - this is another one of the Oprah books, that I just had to have.

10. Capricornia - I love Baz Luhrmann's Australia, and when I saw that this book was re-released because of Australia I had to have it because I love all anthopology type things when it comes to learning about things. Yet to be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.