We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Matchmakers 2.0 - Debora Geary

If you are in the mood for a light-hearted story, then Matchmakers 2.0 is just the story for you! I won this delightful Nibble a few weeks ago at LibraryThing and I am so glad that I did because I loved reading Matchmakers 2.0.


Here is the synopsis from Novel Nibbles' website:

Have you ever wondered who really does the matches for those online-dating sites?

MickGuppy scientist and victim of her self-inflicted dating adventures.
MiriAstrology whiz and promoter of steamy sex for the greater good.
DerrickData genius and life idiot.

Meet the match team at MatchMakers.com, the web 2.0 online-dating service with a personal touch. Can Mick lead her team, find a guy, and finally win Match the Loser?

And now the review:

Matchmakers 2.0 is just the book you should go to when you need to unwind and just feel good about romance again. Entertaining and funny, it is just what we all need every now and then. It is very cleverly written, and has many interesting landmarks that make this delightful novella the little gem that it is. From matching up little old ladies, kinky musicians, geeks uniting, knitting and matching up losers to opening up astrology bookstores and erotica - this book covers so many bases that it can be nothing but enthralling!

I enjoyed Matchmakers 2.0 that I read it twice in a row - which is something that I never do. And I am pleased to say that Debora Geary is working on a sequel to Matchmakers 2.0 which is wonderful because I want to know what happens with Mick and Sam because they just seem so perfect together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.