We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Friday, 3 June 2011

A Modern Witch - Debora Geary

Can you live 28 years without discovering you're a witch?

Lauren is downtown Chicago's youngest elite realtor. She's also a witch. She must be - the fetching spell for Witches' Chat isn't supposed to make mistakes. So says the woman who coded the spell, at least.

The tall, dark, and handsome guy sent to assess her is a witch too (and no, that doesn't end the way you might think). What he finds in Lauren will change lives, mess with a perfectly good career, and require lots of ice cream therapy.

SYNOPSIS TAKEN FROM GOODREADS

And now for the review:
This story had me drawn in at the very beginning; the way Debora Geary introduces us to these characters just makes you want to know more! It is exceptionally written (much like those wonderful Novel Nibbles!) and very original. I love how the reader picks up on Lauren's intuitive nature because of her magical skill before she does (or maybe that was just me?). Nat is also a great character, and you feel her serenity coming off the page. All the characters are great and I have to say that Aervyn is my favourite! He is such a cute little kid and his character is just so great that it makes you wish you had a little Aervyn in your life because he is just so wonderful. The whole family of witches in A Modern Witch is just so great, it really made me wish that I had a witching family of my own!

The storyline is truly exceptional and very exciting, and did I mention how cute Aervyn is? I did, didn't I? But he is just so adorable that he is worth mentioning again. You really wish he was your kid because he is just so darn cute! This is a feel good novel that you simply have to share and it is wonderful news to share that this is book one in the series, with the second book due this summer. The magic in this book is just wonderful, and me not even get to Lauren's couch...

Debora Geary's witchin world is just so exciting and inviting, and all the characters are just so delightful and endearing that I was just sad when the book ended. Atleast there is the sequel to look forward to this Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.