We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Shades of Earl Grey - Tea Shop Mysteries book #3

An antique wedding ring mysteriously disappears from the hand of a dying bridegroom. Then a priceless sapphire necklace is plucked from its display at the Heritage Society. Could there be a very dangerous breed of cat burglar prowling the cobblestone pathways of Charleston's historic district? With the Heritage Society under fire and their extravaganza Treasures Show fast approaching, Theodosia is called upon to match wits with a very slippery opponent.
TAKEN FROM www.laurachilds.com

And now for the review:

This so far has been the most interesting book in the series for me, not only because I could not spot who the perpetrator was, but because of the interesting facts about mourning jewellery. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the perpetrator in this novel, and was delighted that the plot was a lot more twisted in this book than in the other two. Laura Childs just gets better as she goes along! I love that we are getting to know the characters better, but Delaine Dish just annoys me. I only wish that there was more Jory Davis!! Theodosia is such a wonderful character and Burt Tidwell is a lot easier on the senses than he was in the first book. Earl Grey is also a wonderful character, and his brilliance shines through in this third installment of the series.

P.S. Sadly this is where my reviews on the Tea Shop Mystery Series ends, that is until I get my hands on books 4-12...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.