We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Checking in...

A few exciting things happened to me this past week. The first two things happened on Monday – as you know I have been reviewing the Booktown Mystery Series by Lorna Barrett, and I am super excited to say that Ms Barrett stopped by at Bibliophilia and left a comment!!!!!!! It is one of the most exciting things to happen to me in a while. The second thing that happened on Monday too, happened when I was tweeting about Starcrossed on twitter and the author Josephine Angelini tweeted back! It does warm the cockles of one’s heart. And then two more exciting things happened on Friday - Josephine Angelini visited my blog and commented on my post on Starcrossed, and is now following my blog!!!! It is just sooo very surreal!!!!!! And then in my mailbox on Friday I got a letter with some beautiful American Stamps on it from Lorna Barrett containing 5 signed bookmarks!!!!! For me, this has been the height of excitement with regards to blogging accomplishment. But then, you book bloggers out there know what it is like. And I am sure that you other Avid Readers get that too.

But now back to business... I have decided to have a Vampire Diaries week, I will be looking at books 1-6 since I do not yet have book 7. I will be comparing the books to the series, and then also look at the last two books in the Stefan’s Diaries series. So do look forward to that in the near future.

You can also look forward to a review of a short story by Charlaine Harris; as well as the latest book in the Booktown Mystery Series – Sentenced to Death. And then there is parts 3,4 and 5 of Gone with the Wind to look forward to. I am in love with Gone with the Wind, and I cannot wait for the day when I can go and visit Georgia and Louisianna to see the vibrant scenery that inspired this wonderful book. And well, let's see what else happens that is unexpected. So here’s hoping you all will have a good week, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.