We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Saturday, 19 November 2011

Book Loot

I need help – I have a severe compulsion to buy books. Heck – not only to buy books but to acquire more and more books. But then my blog is called Bibliophilia... so I suppose that explains it... I went crazy on Kalahari the other night when I saw all these Wordsworth Classics going for R28, 95 each. If it was not for my limited income I probably would have bought more.

So here is what I got (so far):

Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy

Around the World in Eighty Days – Jules Verne

Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoevsky

Don Quixote - Cervantes

Dracula – Bram Stoker

Emma – Jane Austen

The Idiot – Fyodor Dostoevsky

The Little Prince – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Madame Bovary – Gustav Flaubert

Mansfield Park – Jane Austen

Moby Dick – Herman Melville

North and South – Elizabeth Gaskell

Northanger Abbey – Jane Austen

Oliver Twist – Charles Dickens

Persuasion – Jane Austen

Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen

Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen

Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea – Jules Verne

Uncle Tom’s Cabin – Harriet Beecher

War & Peace – Leo Tolstoy

Wives and Daughters – Elizabeth Gaskell

Lady Chatterley's Lover - D.H. Lawrence

The Scarlet Letter - Nathaniel Hawthorne

The Age of Innocence - Edith Warton

Frankenstein - Mary Shelly

It does seem a bit excessive, doesn’t it? But I just could not help myself. And there were more that I wanted. More that I needed...

I.....

have a......

problem,

I......

need......

help.

Okay there I said it. They say the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting that you have one... But then again, you all know what it is like...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot! I've had to curb my book binging habits of late, but hopefully I might get some Christmas money to rectify this... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book binges and bibliophiles are inseperable. Sad but true, and my budget is not happy about it. I hope that you'll get some great Christmas loot!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.