We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Thursday, 15 December 2011

2012 Reading Challenges

So I have been thinking long and hard about which challenges I would like to participate in 2012 - and there are just so many great ones out there that it is a difficult choice to make!!! Having said that, I already have many plans for 2012 so I thought it would not be prudent to sign up for too many. So I have decided to only sign up for 1 - The Back to the Classics Challenge, which Sarah over at Sarah Reads too Much is hosting again. I did not finish this challenge this year, but I fully intend to do so in 2012.

Here are the categories for this challenge:
  • Any 19th Century Classic
  • Any 20th Century Classic
  • Reread a classic of your choice
  • A Classic Play
  • Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction
  • Classic Romance
  • Read a Classic that has been translated from its original language to your language - To clarify, if your native language is NOT English, you may read any classic originally written in English that has been translated into your native language.
  • Classic Award Winner - To clarify, the book should be a classic which has won any established literary award.
  • Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically speaking) will not visit during your lifetime - To Clarify, this does not have to be a country that you hope to visit either. Countries that no longer exist or have never existed count.
I have not decided yet which titles I will be reading, but then I think it will be a fun suprise for you to wait and see next year. Sound like something that you would like to participate in? Then sign up over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.