We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Dark Visions Trilogy


Title: Dark Visions

Author: L.J. Smith

Pages: 720

Publisher: Simon and Schuster

Source: borrowed - but will definitely get my own copy soon.

The Synopsis

Kaitlyn Fairchild has always felt like an outsider. Her haunting eyes and prophetic drawings have earned her a reputation as a witch. But Kait's not a witch: she's psychic. Tired of being shunned, Kait accepts an invitation to attend the Zetes Institute, where she can study with other psychic teens and have a fresh start.

The Review

I am a great L.J. Smith fan, so I just took this book to read - I did not look for a synopsis or check to see what the book jacket says. I just read. And read. And read. I was quite absorbed by this story - I didn't want to put it down!! But because I was working and had to be up early - I sadly had to abandon it. I do think that it is worthwhile saying that I read it in two sittings - I just had to know what was happening. This book is great - and set in the time before cellphones which makes it all so much more interesting!

The characters are so interesting - especially Gabriel with Rob coming in a close second. Ofcourse the love triagle thing that almost happens is so very YA - but the good kind of YA. This trilogy provides you with all you need - suspense, drama, mystery, intrigue, a bit of romance... Definitely the kind of book that redeems YA series.

I adored this trilogy, and urge you to read it, as the story is very well thought out and the suspense has the ability to give you chills. I flew through this trilogy and will gladly read it again. I think when I reread I'll be able to stop gushing about how great it is and actually say more about the story. But go out now and get a copy - this is L.J. at her best!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terri-maree - please contact me baychriz at gmail dot com

    You are a winner on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.