We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


1. Truth Be Told by Larry King - I adore Larry King and his amazing interview style. He gets straight to the point, and does so very skillfully. To read about the King would just be amazing - and in his own words just makes it phenomenal.

2. The Language of Flowers - this book just sounds amazing. And well I just HAVE to have it.

3. The Night Circus - this book sounds very magical and it is also one that I just have got to have.

4. The Marriage Plot - Jeffrey Eugenides. I am a great Eugenides fan and when I am a fan I like to say I have read them all. Also- it just sounds like the perfect social commentary for where we find ourselves no.

5. The Near Witch - this sounds amazing - and I really do need to get it.

6. The Orchid House or Hothouse Flower - I read the galley from NetGalley - and it is so amazing that I simply have got to have it - either edition will do.

7. Freddie Mercury- The Definitive Biography. I am a great Queen fan and have always been intrigued by this amazing African.

8. Lessons in Becoming Myself - I saw this one on Oprah many years ago, and it has always been on my mind. I really really do want this one.

9. Stories I only tell my friends - I love Rob Lowe, and his life seems to be an interesting one - being an original member of the original Brat Pack - how could it not be great?

10. Decoded - JayZ - this would just be a really cool book to have - I mean how often do you have people explaining stuff like this to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.