We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Sunday, 22 January 2012

Facts about the Bard #3


Shakespeare was not only a master of beautiful words and descriptions, he was the king of insults too!!! Try using these on your frenemies and see what they say...

Thou unfit for any place but hell

Thy mother's name is ominous to children

I'll beat thee, but I should infect my hands

I'll pray a thousand prayers for your death

You are as a candle, the better part burnt out

Were I like thee, I would throw away myself

No longer from head to foot than from hip to hip, she is spherical, like a globe, I could find out countries in her

Away! Thou art poison to my blood

Though they are effective - try using these today and people will probably look at you as though you are crazy - but hey maybe someone will get what you are saying.

2 comments:

  1. Funny! I'm thinking you could find some good ones in The Taming of the Shrew and Much Ado About Nothing.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so funny when you write them down like that and of course his shrewd manner of writing wasnt always appreciated as that.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.