We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Sunday, 1 January 2012

New Year New Goals

Well, it is 2012 - a new year has arrived, and what it holds no one knows. All we can do is hope for the best and plan so that we can achieve more than before. So what are my goals for 2012?I would like to read more books than I did in 2011 - so I think a good target to set is 65. I wanted to go for 70, but thought I would aim a bit lower so that I am not disappointed should I not reach it. I do of course hope to read more than 70 books - it would be great to have a new book reviewed everyday - but baby steps towards the big goal of 120.

I want to be more active in the blogosphere this year - more memes, visit more blogs, comment more, I just want to do more. I also want to try to have a theme every month. I want to have new challenges, and I actually want to follow through this year. I want to finish challenges this year! I did a lot of planning last year for this year and I hope that 2012 will be my best blogging year yet.

I want to get new book shelves, and I want to control my book buying addiction. But unless our local library drastically improves I do not really see that happening. I am planning some stuff for my blogoversary - and I hope that they willl come to fruition.

I really want to dig into the classics this year - I want to learn more about literature and its development and I want to make my Original Classics a feature that you all will enjoy.

So what can you expect during January 2012?

January will be a month where Shakespeare will be very prominent. January will also see the maiden post for the Original Classics. You can also look forward to some great fiction and biographies.

Let's get 2012 off to a good start. Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.