We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Seriously... I'm Kidding



Title: Seriously... I'm Kidding

Author: Ellen Degeneres

Pages: 241

Publisher: Grand Central Publishing

Source: Bought

The Synopsis

Seriously… I’m Kidding is a look at Ellen’s life through her humour.

In her own words, Ellen says, “I've experienced a whole lot the last few years and I have a lot to share ... I think you'll find I've left no stone unturned, no door unopened, no window unbroken, no rug unvacuumed, no ivories untickled. What I'm saying is, let us begin, shall we?”

Ellen was also most memorably the voice of Dory in Finding
Nemo, hosted the Oscars and served as a judge on American Idol.

TAKEN FROM GOODREADS

The Review

It is very difficult to try and summarise this book, and I think that it cannot be put better than Ellen put it above. Ellen discusses everything - from the funny to the serious. She writes so marvellously - and is really funny, but then you come to expect that when you are familiar with her show Ellen.


This book is funny from the moment you read the book jacket, who else would think to say That is a beautiful blouse you're wearing. It goes so nicely with this book. OR You know what I love most about you? That we get each other. And also your eyes. This humour is from cover to cover. It is marvellous.

Ellen is just so clever in the way that she writes, and as you all already know - she is really funny. I did not know very much about Ellen before, so when I read that she was talking about being a Cover Girl and that she was 50 I thought she was joking about the being 50 part because she looks AMAZING!!! And well I was really laughing at the thought of Ellen being 50 only to discover that it's true. I love how she is so candid about her age and about how the Western World feels about age.

This book, aside from being funny is also very enlightening, Ellen really gets you thinking. The most poignant line from this book for me is "...It's failure that gives you the proper perspective on success" she also says "Happiness comes from within. You have the power to change your own mindset so that all the negative, horrible thoughts that try to invade your psyche are replaced with happy, positive, wonderful thoughts". This goes to show that Ellen is not only funny, but really clever too. So go on, get yourself a copy and share the wisdom that Ms Degeneres has to offer you. You know you want to.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know Ellen wrote book, so this is quite educational for me!

    Marlene Detierro (Local Search Engine Optimization Indianapolis)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.