We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Monday, 2 January 2012

Shakespeare Reading Month

When I read about this over at Allie's blog A Literary Odyssey I signed up immediately. Shakespeare is amazing and I will admit that I have neglected him So this is just the push I need to be able to cross more of the Bard's work off of my TBR list.


Sound like something you would like to do? Then go on over to Allie's blog and sign up!!!

I am aiming for 6 titles but I do hope that I'll get to 8. So what are the 6 I am aiming for?

  • Romeo and Juliet (this will be a reread, but I just enjoyed it so much the first time that I just have to read it again!)
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream
  • The Comedy of Errors (this will tie in nicely with what I have planned for the Original Classics this month)
  • The Tempest
  • Julius Caesar
  • MacBeth

I will be reading the works of another bard this year, so I thought it would be good to start off with the one we owe so many words to. I do hope that you'll join in too.

1 comment:

  1. I've joined this as well and am reading a few of the same plays you picked. :) (Not all of them. I haven't clicked over to look at my list, but, for example, I'm pretty sure I'm reading Othello, and not Romeo and Juliet, this month. I intend to read that one in the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.