We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Monthly Roundup: March...the month that was

I know that this post is a bit late, buut then everything around here is a bit late. There are just too many things that need to be done and just too little time. I have to do another book loot post, but that can wait a little while longer.

Over all, March was not a bad reading month. I did way better than February, and managed to do just 1 less than January, so I am feeling rather proud of myself. I read 6 books, so I am slowly getting there to get to my goal of 10 books a month. They were not very challenging books, but for once I am not behind target on Goodreads, which feels really good.

I joined the Classics Club, and I think that it is just what I need to get me reading more classics and not just contemporary books. I have already read 2 books from my Classics Club selection, and I am presently busy with book 3 so I am hoping that this strong start is going to keep me making strong progress to a strong finish, who knows maybe I can do it in less than 5 years?

So what do I hope to do with the next 20 days of April?

I should mention that I have already finished 3 books this month, so I feel rather chuffed. I have 10 more days in which to read for fun, and I hope to finish Middlesex and get a good start on another book before I get all academic and prepare for my exams next month. So you can expect it to be like a ghost town around here from the 20th of April till the 16th of May. So my target for April is 5 books.

I would like to catch up on my reviews, and whilst I won't promise that it is going to happen in the next 10 days, after my exams I'll have a gap in my time to focus on catching up on the 15 reviews I am behind on. This is a rather staggering amount, I did not realise I was so behind! But this will be remedied sooner rather than later.

What are your reading plans for April?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.