We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

You can have too much of a good thing

I find myself being a bit restless regarding my reading.

Much as I have enjoyed it, I think I have been reading a bit too much YA, and my review writing skills have suffered for it. Please, I am not trashing the YA genre, I adore it, and it is the perfect escape, but I have just been indulging in it a bit too much.

Look at YA as a decadent desert, you love it so much, you over indulge without noticing, and suddenly one day you see how you have been overindulging. Not the best analogy, but I hope you get my point. The Classics on the other hand, are like dietary staples, they are what you need to function properly.

I have been having desert as a main course, and I only just realised it. And I am feeling the effects in my review writing ability. So things will be changing a bit around here, YA reviews won't be so prevalant, but will rather appear as desert - as a special treat.

I have just been examining my reading habits, and I do need to change. For now this is the change that I need to make, but maybe I'll be making more changes, it remains to be seen, but then this is my space, and it changes as frequently as my thoughts and mental needs do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.