We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Sunday, 3 June 2012

Monthly Roundup: May, the month that was

As I write this, I realise that May has really been a long month.

A lot has happened, a lot has passed, and a lot of new things are happening that find their origins in May.

I wrote 2 exams in May, and I cannot tell you how relieved I am that they are over. I am contemplating taking next semester off, but we'll see how things go. I don't think I want to dwell too much on the other happenings of May, so I'll just get to the more important bookish things that occurred.

As far as reading goes, I read 6 books. Well 5 books and a short story: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris, Dragon's Oath by P.C. Cast, Cinder by Marissa Meyer, the short story that serves as a prequel of sorts to Cinder - Glitches, as well as Ascend by Amanda Hocking and Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith. I am busy with my review of Cinder and should have that up soon. But for the rest, I am horribly behind in my reviews. It is quite sad, but I hope to catch up soon.

Book loot, I got 2 box sets: The Hunger Games and A Song of Ice and Fire. I also got the last books that I required to complete my Harry Potter collection - The Philosopher's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets, The Order of the Phoenix and the Half Blood Prince, as well as The Near Witch, Wat's Nuus and Ascend. I also got Skulduggery Pleasant: The End of the World which was given away as part of Exclusive Book's World Book Day giveaway.

I ordered Dreamless by Josephine Angelini which I am super excited about, and Starcrossed. I have an ARC of Starcrossed, but the one I ordered's cover is just sooooooo pretty, so I just had to have it.

I have also decided to go on a book buying hiatus for a month or so, as I did a book inventory and realised  that I have read only about a 3rd of the books that I own. It is appalling, and I need to remedy it. I am going to try to only buy books for my Classics Club reading that I don't already have. Let's hope that I have the strength to not buy every book that I want and see.


As for June, I hope to read at the very least 5 books, I would like to read at least 3 Classics Club books, so I am hoping that June will be a reader friendly month. What are your plans for June, and how was May for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.