We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Monday, 11 June 2012

Some Jubilee Concert highlights

Those who know me, know that I am an Anglophile. I love all things English, and I do think it is partly due to my English heritage, but that is a story for another day. I have decided to just put up some pics, mostly for posterity of the marvellous Jubilee celebrations for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. In 4 years she'll be on the throne longer than Queen Victoria, that is quite an accomplishment, and I wish Her Royal Highness all the best.

My fondest memory of the evening was Prince Charles' speech, where he called HRH 'Mummy' it is so easy to forget that she is that too. I hope that you also had the chance to view some of the festivities, and that you too have fond memories. I share here some pictures that I found online.

The stage infront of Buckingham Palace, which I am sure was inspired by the U2 360º tour.

Robbie Williams - Let me Entertain you

Robbie's Salute
This brought back memories from his Under an African Sky tour
Sir Paul, I so want a jacket like that

I love the whole Union Jack theme he had going

The speech that moved us all
She has such a lovely smile
A beautiful ending to an amazing night

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.