We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Monday, 9 July 2012

A Victorian Celebration: An Update

There are 3 weeks left of A Victorian Celebration hosted by Allie over at A Literary Odyssey. I have several Victorian books on my Classics Club List, and I had hoped that by now I'd have read a fair few. But you know how it goes when you plan to read certain books they lose their appeal. This has largely happened to me. I do still want to read those books, but I am not going to force myself to read them in  a certain period, I am going to read them as the inspiration strikes.


Having said that, I am quite proud of myself for having read 2 books for the challenge so far. I read Wuthering Heights, and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I would like to read Bohemian Girl by Willa Cather still for this Victorian Celebration, but I am not going to stress too much if I don't manage it.

What the Victorian Celebration has made me realise is that so many of the books that I want to read or have heard about and want to explore are Victorian. It is quite interesting when you look at books based on the period from which they come, it really is something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.