We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Matilda's Cat - Emily Gravett

Matilda's cat must like something! But what?


Title: Matilda's Cat

Author: Emily Gravett

Publisher: Macmillan

Source: review copy from Pan Macmillan South Africa

The Synopsis:

Climbing trees, playing with wool . . . Matilda is sure her cat will love these things, but he doesn't seem very enthusiastic. Undaunted, she thinks up new ways to amuse her reluctant playmate. Tea parties? Dressing up? Or what about a nice bike ride? As the beleagured cat goes from nonplussed to terrified, Matilda gets more and more frustrated. After all, what use is a pet if it doesn't want to play?

The Review:

I'll admit, this is the first picture book I have actually read as an adult. I absolutely adored it. The illustrations are marvellous and it is really just so very cute! I like how even though it's a children's book I could enjoy it because it is not simply a children's book. It is very clever and well put across. If you do have the opportunity to read it I do recommend it. I certainly am a new fan of Emily Gravett, and will definitely be adding more of her books to my collection in the future.

I suppose what really endures this book to me is the fact that I am a cat person, and I know how it is when you want to do something with your cat but they are just not interested at all. That is one of the things that makes this book so great - it is real, not just made up. I felt like a kid again, marvelling at the illustrations, and I did giggle a fair amount. So let the inner child in you live a little and get yourself a copy of Matilda's Cat - you won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.