We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Friday, 28 September 2012

September Book Loot

It's been a while since I have taken the time to do a book loot post, but then I don't think I have had such a big haul in a long, long time. As some of you know, I spent a week in Grahamstown to attend Thicket Forum and just get away and out of my daily routine.

It was a wonderful week - I met so many new people - several lovely Europeans who are so interested in Thicket -, learnt many things, got inspired with ideas for doing my honours. Got to know my colleague Mike really well, spent time with 3 really amazing dogs, and had cocktails at Yellow House.

But onto what you want to know about... What books did I get?

The Thursday of my visit I went to Bargain Books - and was pleasantly surprised to see my dear friend Ceaser there! Of course it would happen that when we are both in Grahamstown and don't know it we'll bump into one another at a book shop!! We browsed together for a while, bought our books, and then sadly had to say goodbye. You have to check out Ceaser's blog.This is what I got:

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak, Moonlight Mile - Dennis Lehane, Die for Me - Amy Plum, Does the Noise in My Head bother You - Steven Tyler, The Language of Flower - Vanessa Diffenbaugh



The Friday, Mike and I went to van Schaik's to get him a book with his voucher, I saw this and had to have it! Tammy had said so many wonderful things about this that I didn't think, or read the book jacket, I just bought it. P.S. my review of this will be up on Wednesday.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michell Hodkin


After shopping at van Schaik on Friday we had lunch at Red Cafe which happens to sell 2nd hand books and I got these beauties for an absolute steal, and of course there were books there that I had been looking for like forever.

The Joy Luck Club, The Jane Austen Book Club, Villette, A Favourite of the Gods, Their Eyes were Watching God, The Corrections


Of course these books are just half of the books I brought home, I lent so many books from Mike that I'll have to do a separate post just so that I don't overwhelm you all. And these are books that were waiting for me when I got home that I had ordered from Kalahari.


Did you get any books this month?

2 comments:

  1. You got some amazing looking books! I really want to read Die for Me and the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! I also got quite a few books this month ;) enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Just to let you know that you are now one of Carole's Chatter's five Featured Book Blogs. I review these every couple of months. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.