We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Monday, 12 November 2012

Feeling inspired

Well, as the title of this post would suggest, I am feeling inspired. You of course know that I felt slightly burnt out not so long ago and had a leave of absence from my blog. You will ofcourse have noticed that a post went up this morning. I had scheduled it, as I was planning on returning to blogging today. When I thought about it yesterday, I still was not ready, but now I feel so very inspired!!!!!!

What has brought this inspiration you ask? Well, I got a catalogue from a publisher in the UK and seeing all the amazing books that are anticipated for next year, just got me all excited again! Sometimes I think we need to remind ourselves about how exciting it is to talk to others about books, and well it truly is exciting when you are a bibliophile. However, life has a way of taking the wind out of your sales, which I am sure I don't have to tell you can really leave you questioning things.

Life has still been pretty busy on my end since last I wrote a personal post, and I am still struggling to find some much needed balance, but I think it is good to evaluate things a little bit whilst you are feeling less than chipper.

So, I'm back! I hope that the inspiration lasts! I am going to ease back in and have only one post a week, so as not to crash and burn so soon after getting back into the swing of things.



I actually contemplated leaving Bibliophilia altogether and starting afresh somewhere new, but that just made me feel sad, because this has been my refuge for the last 3 years, my space for sharing my bookish thoughts with like minded people since there are no bookish people in my everyday life. I'd have to leave town to talk to someone about books, because you can't be on the phone all day to talk about books. And whilst I have bookish friends on twitter, in the flesh bookish conversation just cannot be replaced.

But now I am rambling... I think I should get back to some bookish talk. So here goes...

I am presently busy reading Absolutely by Joanna Lumley. I am enjoying how far back her book starts. I love being able to see that there is so much more to her than dear old Patsy Stone. Of course it goes without saying that I am dying to meet Joanna Lumley, so Joanna, if through some miracle you happen to be reading this (such wishful thinking) please come to South Africa! We would love to have you at Thicket Forum next year - it will be from 3 -5 September 2013 in Grahamstown. *Makes reminder note to self to get working on content for Thicket Forum website*

I am also still busy with my reread of Gone with the Wind. I have been reading really slowly, my brain is just a bit too bogged down by the audit, admin and the new project. The important thing though, is that despite it all I am still reading. I actually read most of Twilight last Monday - I was not particularly into it, but I just needed to read something that was words and was more substantial than the phone book and that didn't require too much thinking. Reading is my meditation, so I tend to feel a bit unhinged when I do not read enough.

Enough of my chatter, you could be reading a fabulous book instead of my crazy rambles. It's good to be back, and I look forward to catching up with you all in the next few weeks.

Much Bookish love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.