We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Sunday, 2 December 2012

December

I cannot believe that we are in the final month of the year. I want to wail and ask how on earth this happened so quickly, but there is no point. When you are busy time flies.

Now is the time of the year to examine the past 11 months and try to plan the next 12 months. Decide what were the best and worst moments and list what you're anticipating for 2013. It is slightly terrifying when we get to this time of the year, because you also have to evaluate how well you've managed to do the things that you set out to do or how badly you've failed.

At the end of June I did a round up of the first half of the year, so later in December I shall do a round up of the second half of the year. But for now, I am going to look back at the month of November and my reading progress.

November was a fairly average month for reading, taking into account how busy I have been I am pleased that I managed to read 4 books. I also bought numerous books, but that is the topic for another post.
I am quite pleased that I have exceeded my goal number of books from my Goodreads challenge. I cannot wait for my holiday to start so that I can read like crazy, because during the year it is a case of so many books so little time - as Frank Zappa said.

So I have lofty goals for December. I signed up for O at Delaisse's December readathon and so far I have not done too well, spent a bit too much time reading newspapers. Well I shall definitely be spending the rest of today finishing Kisses from Hell and trying my best to finish Rumpelstiltskin and other Grimm tales. I am planning an epic fairy tale post for next year. I am actually buzzing with ideas, there are just not enough hours in the day to get them written down and taking action on them.

Here's wishing you all a productive reading December. I'll be posting on my best and worst books of 2012 as well as taking Jamie's annual end of year survey and then letting you all know which books I am highly anticipating for 2013. Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.