We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Sunday, 9 March 2014

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories

THE UNIVERSE IS NOT MADE OF ATOMS; IT'S MADE OF TINY STORIES

Title: The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories

Author: hitRECord

Pages: 88 (volume i); 96 (volume ii); 128 (volume iii)

Publisher: HarperCollins

Source: Purchased

The Summary

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories is a trilogy collection of poetic tiny, short stories, no more than a few lines long each. It is compiled by owner and founder of the online collaborative production company hitRECord, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Wirrow, a curator at hitRECord. Source: WIKIPEDIA

The Review

When I think of Joseph Gordon-Levitt I see him in my mind's eye as Tommy from Third Rock from
the Sun and then as Cameron from 10 Things I Hate About You which probably betrays my age a great deal if you didn't already know how old I am. I have always been fond of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and my admiration of him has been kicked into a higher gear after hearing about and then reading The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories.

Having said that, I would like to declare Joseph Gordon-Levitt a creative genius for coming up with the concept of these tiny stories and bringing so many together in the 3 volumes of The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories.

In the age of twitter where we are encouraged to carry across our thoughts in 140 characters or less, and where humans in general are enthralled and entertained by things that are shorter and shorter - Joseph Gordon-Levitt has shown that stories and books can evolve to stay in vogue. Brilliant little stories, with accompanying artwork could very well be the future of the anthology.

So far I have only read Volume i and ii, I will be ordering Volume iii shortly, I will admit that I enjoyed Volume i more than I did Volume ii. I found it to be a bit funnier - but both are really excellent volumes. The joining of a verbal submission with a illustrated submission is sheer genius - items are fabulously paired. I actually see it a bit as a more modern version of Monty Python.

If you would like to find out more about the collaboration that happens at hitRECord or would like to submit a form of artwork head over to the hitRECord website and see what else we can look forward to in the future and the latest out now is hitRECord on TV!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.