We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Thursday, 26 June 2014

Books I'm Looking Forward To: Frog Music - Emma Donoghue

Books I'm Looking Forward To is something new that I am going to be trying here on Bibliophilia, it is helpful in two ways:

1) I can share with all of you the books that I am looking forward to reading *all the better to spread the bookish word...*

2) I am constantly losing my list of books that I would like to read and or buy, so this way it is someplace permanent.

To start us off with Books I'm Looking Forward To, here is a little bit about Frog Music by Emma Donoghue to whet your reading appetite...
San Francisco, 1876: a stifling heat wave and smallpox epidemic have engulfed the City. Deep in the streets of Chinatown live three former stars of the Parisian circus:  Blanche, now an exotic dancer at the House of Mirrors, her lover Arthur and his companion Ernest. When an eccentric outsider joins their little circle, secrets unravel, changing everything - and leaving one of them dead. 
Frog Music, inspired by true events, is an evocative novel of intrigue and murder: elegant, erotic and witty. 

I received a review copy of Frog Music from Pan Macmillan South Africa, and will be reviewing it shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.