We owe it to each other to tell stories - Neil Gaiman

Thursday, 3 July 2014

Books I'm Looking Forward To : Life Drawing - Robin Black

Books I'm Looking Forward To is something new that I am going to be trying here on Bibliophilia, it is helpful in two ways:

1) I can share with all of you the books that I am looking forward to reading *all the better to spread the bookish word...*

2) I am constantly losing my list of books that I would like to read and or buy, so this way it is someplace permanent.

In this week's Books I'm Looking Forward To, here is a little bit about Life Drawing by Robin Black to whet your reading appetite...


Life Drawing is a fierce, honest and moving story of married life - its betrayals, intimacies, and secrets. 

Augusta and Owen have taken the leap. Leaving the city and its troubling memories behind, they have moved to the country for  solitary life where they can devote their days to each other and their art, where Gus can paint and Owen can write. 

But the facts of the past betrayal prove harder to escape than urban life. Ancient jealousies and resentments haunt their marriage and their rural paradise.

When Alison Hemmings moves into the empty house next door, Gus is drawn out of isolation, despite her own qualms and Owen's suspicions. As the new relationship deepens, the lives of the two households grow more and more tightly intertwined. It will take only new arrival to intensify emotions to breaking point. 

Fierce, honest and astonishingly gripping, Life Drawing is a novel as beautiful and unsparing as the human heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? I would love to read your comments.